On this 2 mile (3.2km) kayaking Kauai adventure, you'll travel through the Hule'ia National Wildlife Refuge, a place for the preservation of endangered Hawaiian water birds. You'll paddle past the living archaeological site of Alekoko (Menehune) Fishpond, and get a taste of the ancient people's fishing and aquaculture methods that are still utilized today. The backdrop is the magnificent Haupu Mountain Range, a dramatic and majestic 2000' (600 meter) shield volcano that looms over the river. The destination is a series of 3 pool-drop waterfalls with a swimming hole known as Hidden Falls.
The area is steeped in legend and your guides will tell you exciting stories about the supernatural inhabitants who resided in the valley long ago. Hule'ia has been the site of filming for a wide range of major motion pictures including Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park and its sequel, Lost World.
You'll leave your kayaks behind and set out on a 1.5 mile (2.4km) round trip guided Kauai hiking nature walk through a pristine tropical rain forest containing many different communities of plants, birds and aquatic life. You'll stop along the way at swimming holes with rope swings before reaching Hidden Valley Falls, a captivating series of pool-drop waterfalls cascading over black lava rock. Here you'll have some snacks and cold drinks while enjoying the scenery before heading back down to the river for a fun trip back in a double-hulled powered canoe. It's cheating, but who cares?
Restrictions: You must be able to walk 1.5 miles (2.4km) & kayak 60-90 minutes.
Selecteer een maand om de beschikbaarheidskalender en vertrekinformatie te bekijken.
East Side or North Shore Resorts: Kayak Shack
- Check-in at 8:45am
East Side or North Shore Resorts:
- Check-in at 9:30am
Klik op de link hieronder als u de prijs en beschikbaarheid wilt controleren op de reisdatum die uw voorkeur heeft. Onze prijzen worden voortdurend bijgewerkt, zodat we u altijd de laagst mogelijke prijs kunnen bieden.
Poipu/West Side 8:45am
8:45 am departure from Poipu (for Poipu and West Side resorts)
9:30am departure from Nawiliwili (for East & North Shore resorts)
- Deluxe two-person kayak
- Snacks and beverages
- Picnic lunch
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure. Maximum of 20 passengers per tour
- Approximately one guide for every 8 - 12 passengers
- Items to bring: Swimwear, footwear with an aggressive tread pattern and that can get wet (i.e. Teva-type sandals or aqua socks), towel, sunscreen, insect repellant, waterproof camera
- Picnic lunch includes: turkey sub sandwich, pasta salad & homemade brownies